Serve in an Elected Position
The Intent to Serve form is due no later than July 15, 2023, per TANA's bylaws.
The members of the TANA Board of Directors are the stewards of the Association and are responsible for reflecting the views and interests of all our members. The Board also provides leadership, a shared vision, and sense of mission for TANA and is responsible for the fiscal health of our organization. We’re seeking CRNAs to fill seven leadership positions for the 2023 – 2024 year:
- President Elect - In order to run for this office, the candidate must have served one complete elected term previously in any board position.
- Secretary/Treasurer- In order to run for this office, the candidate must have served one complete elected term previously in any board position.
- District II Director (Jackson Area)
- District IV Director (Chattanooga Area)
- District VI Director (Northeast TN Area)
- Leadership Identification Committee Members - Three members are needed.
The President-Elect serves a one-year term as President-Elect and then a one-year term as President. The President remains as a board member in an advisory position as Past President for one year after serving their Presidency term.
President Elect and Leadership Identification Committee Members serve a one-year commitment starting in October 2023 and ending in October 2024. The President Elect will then roll to the office of President.
District Directors and the Secretary-Treasurer serve a two-year commitment starting in October 2023 and ending in October 2025. If you are running for District Director, you must reside in your district.
District directors shall be elected to serve for a two-year term with the option to run for re-election for a second two-year term. If a Director moves from or changes employment from the District that he/she represents and he/she remains in Tennessee, the Director shall be permitted to complete his/her term of office.
The term of office shall begin at the conclusion of the annual meeting at which the election results are announced to the membership.
No member shall hold more than one office at a time. In the event that an officer accepts an office in the AANA, the office in TANA shall be declared vacant and the Board of Directors shall fill the vacancy.